Guardians of Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Wars 2 guild - Guardians Of Heaven[HoM]

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Core Team for WvW

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bhenlo

bhenlo

Core Team for WvW Empty
PostSubject: Core Team for WvW   Core Team for WvW I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 9:10 am

Hey all,

Aduram has come up with an idea for us having a core team in WvW. I think this could be pretty smart, and could potentially lead to us being quite an effective unit Smile. The idea is basically to get a small group together playing regularly so we become more cohesive, roaming/capping and being able to take on groups larger than ours by being organised and working well together (Listening & understanding each other is key).

Before I carry on I will stress - there is no pressure in this, as both Adu and I see it for what it is - a game! So it's all about having fun.. everyone is welcome to come along, and if you don't want to, then don't kick yourself about it (But I'd love you forever if you do! cheers afro)

Now as most of you will know Adu is an ele, and I'm a guardian, two quite key components in WvW. Two quite contrasting styles in how we play, Adu being geared towards damaging opponents, and me being geared towards supporting whilst also dishing a bit of damage out to help things along.

Ideally, the team we'd like to look at running would be along the lines of (bear with me on the builds, I'm only really familiar with guardian and warrior):

Support:-

3+ Guardians  (Staff/Hammer or Staff/Greatsword) (I use 0/10/0/30/30 I think with hammer & Similar skills to build below)
This type build

2 Warriors  (Hammer Warrior for crowd control)
Similar builds to this
Another hammer build

1-2 Rangers (Bit of support/harassment/picking off weaker players)
Ranger build Rampage as one is a really hand elite

2 Necros (Very handy tanks and can do some massive damage)
Tanky build
Another build to check out

2 Engineers (Great support class)
Turret build/support build

Attack/damage:-

2/3 Ele's (Ask Aduram for hints Razz)
Double dagger build Similar to what Adu uses, I think you can find his build else where on the forum - or ask him in game, he will oblidge Smile.

Edit: depending on the size of the group, staff eles might be better due to cc skills and combo fields.

1-2 Thieves (BIG component in WvW - great for dealing huge DPS against single targets)
Pistol/Dagger build for roaming

Mesmers kinda fall into a class of their own cus they are perhaps my worst nightmare in WvW along with thieves. But again 2 Mesmers would be good.
Basic glamour build Time Warp is a super useful skill in WvW, as is Null field/portals.

Ely is very good in WvW with mesmer, and again if you have any questions I'm sure she would be happy to oblidge Smile.

Okay that about wraps it up, some of those builds might be a bit outdated, but I've skimmed over them and they seem along the right lines with a bit of tweaking here and there. Also, Aduram might add some builds onto this post as I'm pretty sure I'm missing a few key builds here. The website I used for the links is pretty handy, it's nice to test builds on and tweak them, see what happens. Thanks for reading, and well done if you've managed to reach this part without dozing off. pirat 

Ben

Last edited by Aduram on Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a note and changed number of some classes)
Back to top Go down
Aduram
Admin
Aduram

Core Team for WvW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Core Team for WvW   Core Team for WvW I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 2:36 am

I just wanted to add quickly that this core group is just to strengthen our guild runs in WvW. It isn't to stop anyone from joining us in WvW at all, and we still intend to do regular WvW runs with the whole guild. This is purely just an extra for those interested Smile

Also, for the core group, the idea is to be as tanky as possible and use mostly support builds with PTV armour or something similar.

I'll add some more builds to this list, such as i  think staff ele is more used than d/d ele in an organised team (using water fields/fire fields). As for the team composition, if you think you would be interested in joining let us know what characters you would like to come on and we can try work something out Smile

Edit: Just wanted to add that the only requirement really for this is to have an 80 and to make sure to pay attention to whoever is leading the guild group. This will usually be me or ben, however it may be someone else. We will often be using mumble which makes it a lot easier for us to command and will allow us to become better as a guild. It would be good if all core group members at least listened to mumble. For instructions on how to set mumble up: link

Last edited by Aduram on Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added stuff)
Back to top Go down
Keyang

Core Team for WvW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Core Team for WvW   Core Team for WvW I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 12:36 am

Ill be happy to join WvW!
having a core group like this means we will be WvW-ing alot more?
if thats so i'd be happy to change my build towards surviving.

im a thief, have always loved d/p with the on demand blind and stealth.
full beserker gear, although if you want i can change my traits to survive better.
have been set to damage as it was the only profitable build for a thief in PvE.
Back to top Go down
Aduram
Admin
Aduram

Core Team for WvW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Core Team for WvW   Core Team for WvW I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 11:05 am

If anyone else is interested in this, can you list classes you can join with in order of preference please Smile will make it a lot easier for me and Ben to organise a team Wink
Back to top Go down
Quizquam

Quizquam

Core Team for WvW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Core Team for WvW   Core Team for WvW I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:48 pm

I will come along and I can come with pretty much all classes, in preference I will run my elementalis cause she is my "WvsW toon";

1. Elementalist = Zelina Silverbane "condition based, I run with staff and d/d on her. Can post my build on the forum if you want or just ask me in-game. Crowd control/heal/Output damage and massive Ticking damage, she is great to have in a party taking on bigger groups"

2. Guardian = Leivra Nightgale, gonna check Bens build if I am coming with her.

3. Thief = Quizquam, High crit dmg output on him and can re-trait him how ever we want.

War 80 and mesmer 32, but the are low ranked........

Also for those who go with elementalist try and get celestial gear on your toon because the class in itself gains profit from all stats so celestial is GREAT on them.

That's probably all and I think it's a good idea to have wvsw nights and runs with a core team and want to join that AWSOME team ^^ Smile but I am going on vacation now from saturday and 10 days forward so will join when I come back.

//Quizzy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Core Team for WvW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Core Team for WvW   Core Team for WvW I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Core Team for WvW
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Guardians of Heaven :: WvW-
Jump to: