Guardians of Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Wars 2 guild - Guardians Of Heaven[HoM]

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Guild Changes

Go down 
+4
EdgarMTanaka
Quizquam
bhenlo
Aduram
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Aduram
Admin
Aduram

Guild Changes Empty
PostSubject: Guild Changes   Guild Changes I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 3:14 am

Hi everyone

Due to the changes in the guild recently (moving over to WvW more), i decided it might be a good time to discuss how we want the guild to run and what we want to do regularly. I also am planning on restructuring the guild, possibly with different ranks, so let me know what you think would be best Smile

First, I want to change officers to have set roles in the guild, allowing for the guild to be doing more than one thing at once. With this, i want to introduce new ranks to allow officers to have everything they need available, and make it easy to group people up. Not sure how best to do this so let me know your ideas.

Second, i want to remove really inactive members from the guild and focus on activity instead of numbers. I would prefer to see ~20 online a day out of 40 instead of 20 online out of 150.

Third, guild events. I want to have a set schedule for events which officers as well as myself can host. I am planning on bringing back bounties + lotto on top of our current WvW nights. Any other events anyone can think of let me know Smile

If there is anything else you want to discuss i'll add it to the list Smile

Edit: I also just wanted to say we are moving more towards WvW as its a good way to have the whole guild together doing one event, however i know a lot of you still enjoy PVE so i don't want us to completely move to WvW and stop PVE completely.
Back to top Go down
bhenlo

bhenlo

Guild Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Changes   Guild Changes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 2:20 am

Sounds good to me Adu. I think clearing out the deadwood would also make us feel a lot more organised, would also be helpful when searching for an active member who is offline.

I think if we go down the route of trying different ranks for different activities, I'd like to be a WvW officer of some sort, also I know Ely does a lot of WvW. I think Erk would be great for leading the PvE side of things, also Quizquam in sort of PvE role as he's always been really good on the pve side of the game having known him for a while Smile.

Also, in relation to what I posted previously in the other section of the forum, I've kind of realised having set nights for activities wouldn't work too good. Unless we're a bit more active/recruit more people that is. (For bounty I'd like to see at least 15 doing it or so). So it might be worth considering doing more stuff spur of the moment, say if we have 20 online which regularly happens, why not do a bounty, no matter what day/time it is.
Back to top Go down
Aduram
Admin
Aduram

Guild Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Changes   Guild Changes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 2:28 am

Yeah, thinking about it, there isn't always the same amount of people on each day. It might be ok in the future if we start getting more members who are online daily.

I think promoting a few people to fill the roles of different activities might be best, i'll talk to you about it whenever you are online Wink
Back to top Go down
Quizquam

Quizquam

Guild Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Changes   Guild Changes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 3:06 am

Sounds as a good idea and would like to suggest a doubel option; That we try and set a day for guild events and at the same time do spour of the moment guild events.
Then we see if we actually get ppl to do either both or only one.
Also good that we are moving more to WvsW.

I would like to see and ask if there is any interest in PvP tournaments? This is something I myself are thinking alot about, and it would be good training as a team and group for WvsW.

Well some thoughts about it all Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Aduram
Admin
Aduram

Guild Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Changes   Guild Changes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 4:49 am

Good idea quiz Smile We could have a set schedule of events which each officer and myself run but then also do as Ben suggested. This means events can still run when i'm not online. See what everyone else thinks Smile
Back to top Go down
EdgarMTanaka

EdgarMTanaka

Guild Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Changes   Guild Changes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 6:16 am

Offline:
It sounds nice, but how will we know who has been offline for to long time or so?
Is it unfair to make members to write on this forum if they will be away for a long time so they won't be kicked (If the have to go away for a long time that is).

Events:
I like the WvW and tPvP events and I would like to see more guild event's like bountys, guild rush and such.

I realy like Guildsites since it is good ways of planning comming event's so I would like to try and make this site more used, have members looking at the calendar for officers planned events and so if it's possible.

Lottery sound neat also Smile

New ranks:
It would be easy for new members to know who to ask if they have questions about specific parts and to know who orginises what.
Though I think all "officers" should be able to get out of the role and orginse something that he/she is not appointet to do if there is a "need" for it, if you know what I mean.

Me:
I have a very low self-esteem so it's best not letting me be an officer but also I don't want to do nothing for this guild ofc, so I will try to help as best I can.
Back to top Go down
Aduram
Admin
Aduram

Guild Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Changes   Guild Changes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 9:45 am

For the activity, a couple months ago i made a new rank which officers and i promote people to if they are seen online. Members still with the original rank haven't logging in since so its easy to spot the active and inactive atm :)After that though, gw2 isn't as easy as gw1 to tell active from inactive.

Despite this, i still want the guild to be reasonably relaxed with activity, a month or two away isn't too bad and most players need that when playing the same game, however its members who start playing the game then quit who we have to remove mostly.

Edit: we could also send a mail to people we kick telling them why and if they are interesting in rejoining to get in touch with us Smile just a thought
Back to top Go down
bhenlo

bhenlo

Guild Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Changes   Guild Changes I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 6:39 am

That's not a bad idea just to cover ourselves. If we kick someone through inactivity, just let them know why a d to contact us. I should be online tomorrow during the day, working a fair bit at the moment. :-)
Back to top Go down
EdgarMTanaka

EdgarMTanaka

Guild Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Changes   Guild Changes I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 7:41 am

Aduram wrote:

Edit: we could also send a mail to people we kick telling them why and if they are interesting in rejoining to get in touch with us :)just a thought

Yea this sounds realy nice, I like that.
Back to top Go down
Heavy

Guild Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Changes   Guild Changes I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 8:35 am

Sounds good aduram! Super pumped for more guild wvw! Well not now when i dont got a computer :S
Back to top Go down
Quizquam

Quizquam

Guild Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Changes   Guild Changes I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 9:06 pm

I like the "mail explanation" to ppl who get kicked it is nice and you get an explanation to why, so that should be implemented. Would also be great if we could get more activity on this site at least for now and that's mainly beacuase there isn't any in-game calender and such. Something that is being asked for a lot though.

Back to top Go down
Aduram
Admin
Aduram

Guild Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Changes   Guild Changes I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 10:49 pm

Guess i had better get started sending mail to people then, i can see this taking a while Razz
Back to top Go down
Aduram
Admin
Aduram

Guild Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Changes   Guild Changes I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 5:23 am

Kicked around 50 inactive members today, sending a mail to each. I found we can use THIS  to find when people in the guild last gained an achievement point, which can help us work out when people last played the game. Still need to kick some people using this but might need some help doing it. Spent most of the day today kicking people, could only send 2 mails a min. due to getting suppressed -_-

Also, was just wondering how serious you guys want to get with WvW? if you guys want to stay as casual as we are i don't mind, but if you want to get more serious with it, we might have to start changing armour/builds to create a proper team build

Edit: also, what would guys think would be an acceptable amount of time offline before we kick a member?
Back to top Go down
Erkenbrand

Erkenbrand

Guild Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Changes   Guild Changes I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 7:48 am

3 months and more for kick. 1-2 months should be pc problems, work, bored by game etc... =)

Anyway my opinion for WvW u know xD tPVP sounds much better for me.

Also some guild fractals should be nice - talking about 30/40/50+....not 1-10 xD

Guild missions arent so cool how it sound. T2+ is really hard and set for 30-50 players. And useless rewards...

I think i stay where iam now....just pve - can help with every dungeon, tactics, builds, fractals etc etc. So form guild for yourself and your wvw way =)
Back to top Go down
Aduram
Admin
Aduram

Guild Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Changes   Guild Changes I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 9:42 am

new ranks have been created for officers to have set roles. If you are already an officer wisp me or ben with the role you want and we can sort it out. The roles are more of a guide for members to know who to ask to organise events + to ask for help. Being one rank doesn't mean you can't plan events for other parts of the game. e.g WvW officer can host PVE events.

I might not be online during the weekend as i have family down. Will try get on when i can Smile
Back to top Go down
bhenlo

bhenlo

Guild Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Changes   Guild Changes I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 6:44 am

Really like these new changes, think they will make things much clearer for new people that we recruit. Also I might start focusing on recruiting more wvw orientated players (will still recruit any player mind!) Smile
Back to top Go down
EdgarMTanaka

EdgarMTanaka

Guild Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Changes   Guild Changes I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 10:04 pm

As I said I do like WvW but I am still more for PvE.
So I don't mind serious WvW guild with specific setups and so but I would hope to save some casual WvW-ing too, I don't think I have the time to commit myself to WvW that much though, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Elyna

Elyna

Guild Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Changes   Guild Changes I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 5:17 am

good changes ^^ only i was wondering what the new officers roles are, just like they are the persons they can ask things to if they have quiestions about their 'specialty'?
and whats my 'role' as General Officer?

I also like the more activity in the guild, that keeps the people for coming back and online more often, just like the lotto and some guild wvw/dungeons/bounty ect. on times where much are online instead of specific evenings.

also we need to recruit new members more, every specific officer can advertise for 'their' part to get more people in the guild and guide new members in the specific parts of the game so they get the whole picture of the game and our guild.
Back to top Go down
Aduram
Admin
Aduram

Guild Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Changes   Guild Changes I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 5:56 am

General officer was just the original officer rank, I wasn't sure what role you would want so haven't set it yet. Let me know what you want to be and I'll set it Smile I have family staying for a few days so I'm not on much atm but Ben can change it for you as well. (way ranks are set up means some officers can manage other officers. Not what I wanted but nothing I can do about it)

We really do need more members for everything, and there isn't anything stopping everyone in the guild doing a few mins a day, the message will easily get around. If you are playing with a guileless player just ask them if they want to join Wink
Back to top Go down
Elyna

Elyna

Guild Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Changes   Guild Changes I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 6:26 pm

hmm should i be like a PVe officer or something? i know about everything a bit, but the part i like the most is like dungeons, exploring, world events, regular events, leveling, ect.
Back to top Go down
bhenlo

bhenlo

Guild Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Changes   Guild Changes I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 8:07 am

Go with whatever you feel most comfortable with Ely Smile. You're a good player all round so you'll do great at whichever you choose, however as I've gone with wvw, I'm going to try and focus on recruiting wvw players, and try to encourage everyone to play wvw.

Including a certain Mr Erk! Wink
Back to top Go down
Keyang

Guild Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Changes   Guild Changes I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 12:29 am

this is great, more guild stuff will make me come back to the game more!
happy to follow in WvW or tPvP!!
Back to top Go down
Aduram
Admin
Aduram

Guild Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Changes   Guild Changes I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 12:52 am

For those wanting to get a bit more serious in WvW: https://guardiansofheaven.forumotion.co.uk/t60-core-team-for-wvw

This is meant to be a group who regularly enters WvW with the guild, in order for us to become a lot better and more organised. Despite this group, WvW will not change for those not wishing to be part of it, you are still welcome to join whenever you want Smile It is basically to strengthen the guild group.

Back to top Go down
Heavy

Guild Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Changes   Guild Changes I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 9:11 am

Love the guild wvw now its really much more fun to play when more guildies show up! Smile if we try to get 10-15 people + mumble every guild wvw we could be an fearsome group! Btw me and my brother have fixed an computer here and it will come tomorrow!!! Hoping to play in 2 days! But me and my brother will take turns of who will have the computer so I can't play as much this year, but I will be active Smile
Back to top Go down
Aduram
Admin
Aduram

Guild Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Changes   Guild Changes I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 10:36 am

That's awesome news heavy Smile will be good to speak to you in a couple days Wink Hope the move went well and everything is going ok for you there!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guild Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Changes   Guild Changes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild Changes
Page 1 of 1